Some
times brilliant, sometimes tragically ordinary observations on life from a pistol-packing neo-con

Saturday, January 09, 2010

DON'T LOOK NOW...

There's a big yellow ball in the sky and I can actually see some blue up there. I don't want to say this too loudly, but the sun is out and the sky is partially blue.

Wow, I was afraid neither existed anymore. Might even have some snow melting today. Wouldn't that be a nice January bonus?

The forecast says it will be partly sunny tomorrow, so maybe it just came a day early. It also says the thermometer will rise above freezing starting next Wednesday. January thaw? Don't hold your breath.

But I've learned in this life to take each day for what it is. When I wake up in the morning and do a quick inventory and confirm that, yes, I am alive another day, I thank God for another blessing. Tomorrow will come, and with a little luck, I'll get to see it. But I know for certain here and now that I have been given another day.




No comments: