Some
times brilliant, sometimes tragically ordinary observations on life from a pistol-packing neo-con

Thursday, April 29, 2010

DOGGIE DREAMS

I can hear my black Lab dreaming in the bedroom. Must be a good one because she's at least forty feet away and I can hear her clearly. Haven't looked, but I'm sure she's twitching and trying to run after some imaginary rabbit, squirrel or groundhog.

I've often wondered what her dreams are like. They say dogs are color blind, so I guess they're not Kodachrome dreams. But they must be pretty vivid, given the whimpering, twitching and running in place.

Just checked and she's awake now. She saw me and the tail starting thumping on the carpet. The dreams are over for now.

I don't know that I'd want to trade places with a dog because your free will is pretty proscribed. But I've often wondered what it would be like to go through life not knowing you're going to die one day. Guess it's not a trade-off I'd be willing to make, but it's something to ponder.

Doggie dreams...

No comments: